Initial consultation consists of a comprehensive health history and evaluation followed by an acupuncture session. Acupuncture re-educates the body toward healing in incremental steps, so a course of treatment is necessary. A typical course of acupuncture is anywhere from 5 to 12 sessions, once a week or more depending on the severity and acute nature of the condition being treated. The end goal is to spread out the treatments until eventually you will not have to return.
The first treatment including initial consultation is 60- 90 minutes. Follow up treatments will last approximately 45-60 minutes with bookings taking place on the hour.
***Michelle Polk acupuncture currently does not take insurance, but will gladly provide a Superbill for those with FSA or healthcare spending accounts.***
I offer packages of treatments with a discount if you purchase 5 or 10 sessions in advance.
Initial Treatment: $90
Follow Up Treatments: $70
Herbal Consult: $45 plus the cost of herbs
40 minute herbal consult:
Interested in an herbal consultation? An herbal consultation is only 30 minutes. It includes a shortened medical consult with your choice of ear acupuncture needles or cupping on the shoulders. It's a fast and easy way to get what you need in a short time.
Customized Eastern Nutrition Consult: $60
- Nutrition is one of the most important considerations of health. A nutrition consultation is 30 minutes focused on lifestyle and eating habits. After the session you will be sent a personalized nutrition plan, giving you advice on the proper foods to eat for your own constitution.
Auricular Acupuncture Session:
- Ear only acupuncture has been successfully used to treat addiction, anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress disorder and weight management.
- An Auricular session for 30 minutes will cost $40.
- Cupping therapy has many benefits and has been used to treat painful symptoms such as back pain, sciatica, shoulder pain and more. Cupping is successful at promoting blood circulation, reducing inflammation and reducing stress.
- A cupping session for 30 minutes will cost $40.